Quantcast

Internal error when trying to register on trac-hacks.org

Internal error when trying to register on trac-hacks.org

Paul Tobias
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to register on https://trac-hacks.org/register but after hitting the "Create account" button I get the following:

Oops…

Trac detected an internal error:
AttributeError: 'FakeRequest' object has no attribute 'authname'

There was an internal error in Trac. It is recommended that you notify your local Trac administrator with the information needed to reproduce the issue.

To that end, you could a ticket.

The action that triggered the error was:

POST: /register
Screenshot below:

Inline image 1

Have a nice day,
Paul

Re: Internal error when trying to register on trac-hacks.org

Steffen Hoffmann-2

Re: Internal error when trying to register on trac-hacks.org

RjOllos
Administrator
Steffen Hoffmann-2 wrote

On 10.04.2014 13:27, Paul Tobias wrote:
> AttributeError: 'FakeRequest' object has no attribute 'authname'

My investigation uncovered, that TracHacksPlugin did not adapt to
extended requirements of new tag change recording in tractags-0.7.
 It must have hit even before updating t-h.o to current stable release,
but this is the first report about it. Thank you very much for
notification about this issue.

A patch to fix this is attached to a new ticket against TracHacksPlugin
[1]. I would rather not interfere with the work lead by Ryan to update
the Plugin, so I'll stand back unless invited to assist further on.

Steffen Hoffmann

[1] https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/11698

Thanks Steffen and Paul. The patch has been applied to TracHacksPlugin and deployed to the site.